Funded By : National Fund for Basic, Strategic & Frontier Application Research in Agriculture (NFBSFARA) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) New Delhi - 110012.
Duration : 3 Years
Start Date : 01/06/2011
End Date : 31/05/2014
- Design, fabrication and development of atmospheric pressure cold plasma reactor.
- Investigate the effect of different plasma parameters on generation and stabilization of atmospheric pressure glow plasma.
- Investigate the effect of plasma treatment in the improvement of colour value of cotton and cotton-polyester blended textiles.
- Study the generation of plasma in the presence of hydrocarbon/fluorocarbon precursor and plasma polymerization to impart hydrophobic to super-hydrophobic functionality in textile.
- Investigate the effect of plasma treatment in improving interfacial strength of natural fibre reinforced composite.
Expected outputs :
- Indigenous design, development and fabrication of atmospheric pressure glow cold plasma reactor suitable for surface modification of textile substrates.
- Improving the colour value of cotton and polyester-cotton blended textile.
- Development of hydrophobic & super-hydrophobic stain repellent textile.
- Improving the interfacial strength of the natural fibre reinforced composite.
- Significant reduction in consumption of water, chemicals and cost of production.