Chemical and Bio Chemical Processing Division (CBPD) of ICAR- CIRCOT is carrying out basic, applied and strategic research in the field of
- Pre-Treatment, dyeing, finishing of cotton and blended textiles
- Eco testing and chemical processing
- Research on cotton by-Product and biomass Utilization
- Nanomaterials and Plasma treatmentfor functional finishing of cotton textiles
- Energy-efficient nanocellulose production from cotton linters and their applications
The division is also undertaking testing &analysis of commercial samples received from industries and breeders. The Chemical testing laboratory is accredited with ISO-17025: 2005 from NABL for analyzing blend compositions, fastness etc. The division is well equipped with modern instrumental facilities to carry out research andtesting. It also organizes training programmes in the related areas for the benefit of stakeholders.Scientists from this Division are recognized as teachers by University of Mumbai to guide research students towards M.Sc and Ph.D in Microbiology. In addition, Scientists also guide the students from other colleges/universities to carry out their research projects.
- To develop eco- friendly chemical processing & finishing technologies for the processing of cotton & its blended textiles.
- To develop technologies for diversified utilization of cotton plant by-products, biomass, processing waste & other crop residues