In this continuation Swachha Bharat Abhiyan Pakhwara (Clean India Campaign Fortnight) was celebrated in the Institute during May 16-30, 2016. On the first day, Dr. (Smt.) Sujata Saxena, Director In-Charge administered the oath to all the staff to maintain cleanliness of their working places and residential premises. A series of events were organized during the fortnight for generating awareness about the programe. A special lecture (on 24th May 2016) on “Swachha Bharat Abhiyan Nagariko ki Jimmedari” was arranged on by Shri. Jayanta Joshi, Manager Glasco Fermentation, Thane. The importance of cleanliness and the waste disposal techniques for in house composting at domestic level was demonstrated. An essay competition on “Swachha Bharat Abhiyan” was conducted on 25th May 2016 in which CIRCOT staff participated enthusiastically.
A drama on the state of cleanliness affairs in Mumbai city was staged by professional “Rangkarmi” group for creating awareness among the CIRCOT staff members. After the drama, three lectures were also arranged to create the awareness about cleanliness in the Institute. The speakers included prominent personality of Matunga, Corporator Smt. Naina Seth, Mr. Tanaji Ghagh of BMC and Mr. Vikram Vaid. Dr. P.G. Patil, Director CIRCOT, welcomed the guests and delivered the introductory remarks about Swachha Bharat Abhiyan Pakhwara. All the three speakers highlighted about the importance of segregation of the waste for its easy recycling and composting to make India a clean country. On the concluding day, Smt. Kiran Joshi, Hindi Officer of the Institute delivered a talk on “Paryavaran Ka Santulan” and programme ended with prizes distributed to winners of essay competition by the Director.
Latest from Web Admin
- Review Meeting of CRP on Natural fibres
- Tender for providing and fixing flooring to the Director Cabin Room No.211 Second Floor.
- Tender for Xenon ARC Lamp for Weatherometer Date Extended upto 16/12/2017
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.