As a part of the implementation of the Swachh Bharat Mission and the instructions received from council F.No. 21-46/2014-CDN (Vol.I), Dated 13/09/2017, a major cleanliness drive was arranged at Five gardens, a tourist spot in Mumbai with the special emphasis to remove the non-biodegradable materials. The drive was undertaken in all the five gardens located in the area. In this drive, the staff members of CIRCOT removed the polyethene bags, used water bottles, small polyethene wrappers of gutkha, chocolate etc left out by the tourists. All these non-biodegradable polyethene materials were segregated and disposed properly. The foot path area in the five gardens was also cleaned with broomstick.
All the staff members of ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai enthusiastically participated in the cleaning programme.
Latest from Akmu
- Dr. Pramod Watkar, Professor and Head, Department of Gandhian Thoughts, Rashtra Sant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur delivered a speech on “Mahatma Gandhi and Khadi” at GTC, Nagpur
- Commemorating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandh, Ginning Training Centre,(ICAR-CIRCOT), Nagpur organized a series of events
- Ginning Training Centre (ICAR-CIRCOT), Nagpur conducted a visit to the Mahatma Gandhi Ashram at Sevagram, Wardha on 25th September 2019.
- National Conference on “Value addition to Crop Residues of Natural Fibres” on December 4, 2019 at ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai
- ICAR-CIRCOT celebrated “150 year celebration of Mahatma” & “Swachhta Hi Seva” campaign from 11th September to 2nd October, 2019