Nanotechnology deals with the manipulation of atoms, molecules, or molecular clusters to create functional materials and devices with enhanced & desirable properties. The first use of the concept of 'nanotechnology' was in "There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom", a talk given by physicist Richard Feynman. Nanotechnology, no longer remain a theoretical science rather it has gained the status of applied science being used in multidisciplinary field. Agriculture and Food Production are no exception to it. This has realized the potential of nanotechnology in each stage starting from crop production to consumption. In India, Department of Science and Technology (DST) has initiated the Nano-Mission to foster the research activities in this field. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in collaboration with state agricultural universities has initiated Consortium Research Project (CRP) on Nanotechnology to boost the research in the field of nanotechnology and its application in agriculture. ICAR-CIRCOT, has done pioneering work in the field of nanotechnology and has developed a decade of experience and expertise in synthesis & characterization of nanomaterials and its application in textile finishing
development of nanocomposites etc. In 2015, ICAR-CIRCOT has established India’s First Nanocellulose Pilot Plant. With this background, advanced trainings are being arranged to share the knowledge with diverse stakeholders. This training module on 'Advances in Applications of Nanotechnology' is 13th in the series, designed to impart basic and advanced knowledge of nanotechnology and its applications.
- To acquaint participants with the Recent Advances in Nanotechnology
- To impart hands-on training on synthesis & characterization of nanomaterials
- To demonstrate the application of nanomaterials in textiles, composites, filtration, sensors and agriculture & allied sectors
- Basics & Advances in Nanotechnology
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials (Methods: Physical,
- Chemical, Mechanical & Biological)
- Characterization of Nanomaterials
- Application of Nanomaterials in Textiles
- Application of Nanomaterials in Composites
- Application of Nanomaterials in Agriculture
- Life cycle analysis of nanomaterials
- Business Incubation opportunities in Nanotechnology
Date & Venue
- Septemer 24-28, 2018 at ICAR- Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019.
- The programme fee is Rs. 25,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses. There is
50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS.
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for providing weather shades to cover front central terrace portiong of MPD Building at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- NIT for providing and Fixing CPVC pipe line over the east and west side external Chajjas of Dr. V. Sundaram Bldg. at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- Quotation for Fabrication of Cots at GTC, Nagpur.
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for providing weather shades to cover terrace surfaces of two staff quarters buildings (Ganga and Krishna) at ICAR-CIRCOT staff quarters premises at Mahim, Mumbai.(Tender ID : 2018_DARE_327080_1 )
- Notice No. 9(3)2016-Exam-I, dated 14th May 2018 received from ASRB, New Delhi regarding online registration of applicants who had actually appeared in the OMR based Technician (T-1) Examination-2016 held on 04/09/2016 & details of all applicants