The ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICARCIRCOT), one of the premier constituent institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was established in the year 1924. The Institute is conducting research and development on all aspects of postharvest processing of cotton and value addition to cotton by-produce with following mandate:
- Basic and strategic research on processing cotton and its agoresidues, development of value added products and quality assessment
- Skill development and business incubation services and function as referral laboratory for cotton fibres.
The Institute has been conducting skill development programmes to propagate, encourage and guide entrepreneurs to successfully adopt and market commercially viable technologies and to equip people with best practices in cotton ginning, quality evaluation of cotton fibres and value addition to by-product
- The objective of this programme is to educate the participants about the statistical techniques and give them an exposure to basic and advanced methods/tools of statistical computing useful in the field of Research.
1. Introduction to software used in statistical analysis
2. Overview of SAS and R software
3. Descriptive and Inferential statistics
4. Correlation and Regression analysis
5. Design of experiment: Response Surface Methodology
6. Multivariate Data analysis techniques: Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Cluster analysis
7. Introduction to non-Linear models
8. Statistical analysis using excel, R software & SAS
Date & Venue
January 22-25, 2019 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019.
- The programme fee is Rs. 8,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses.
There is 50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS.
Latest from Akmu
- ICAR organized One day Annual Review Workshop for CRP on Natural Fibres
- Skill development programme organized for supporting staff of ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai
- Research Advisory Committee Meeting held at ICAR-CIRCOT
- International Women’s Day Celebration at ICAR-CIRCOT
- ICAR-CIRCOT organized interactive workshop with textile industries on Eco-friendly salt free dyeing technology at Tiruppur, Tamilnadu