The ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICARCIRCOT), one of the premier constituent institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was established in the year 1924. The Institute is conducting research and development on all aspects of postharvest processing of cotton and value addition to cotton by-produce with following mandate:
- Basic and strategic research on processing cotton and its agoresidues, development of value added products and quality assessment
- Skill development and business incubation services and function as referral laboratory for cotton fibres.
The Institute has been conducting skill development programmes to propagate, encourage and guide entrepreneurs to successfully adopt and market commercially viable technologies and to equip people with best practices in cotton ginning, quality evaluation of cotton fibres and value addition to by-products.
- To impart both theoretical and practical knowledge on textile testing and characterization using advanced instrumentation
- Estimation of spinning performance from fibre and yarn quality data
- To equip the trainees with proficiency in all aspects of advanced textile testing methods and their applications in quality evaluation.
- Fibre quality evaluation using HVI and AFIS and interpretation of results
- Tensile testing of fibre yarn and fabrics using Instron UTM
- Evaluation of yarn evenness
- Evaluation of interfacial tensions of textile materials using goniometry
- Yarn hairiness and its measurement
- Electrical resistance of textile materials and its measurement
Date & Venue
- January 17-19, 2019 at ICAR- Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019
- The programme fee is Rs. 10,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses. There is 50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS
Latest from Akmu
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for Purchase of XRFS, CPPP Tender ID 2018_DARE_421639_1
- NIT for Repair, Sanitary, Tiling and Water supply work in existing Toilets of ICAR-CIRCOT Unit at Coimbatore.
- Limited tender for Purchase of Vertical Gel Electrophoresis Unit
- Limited tender for Purchase of Ice Flaking Machine
- NIT for Providing Premix Carpeting work to the existing Internal roads in the premises Ginning Training Centre (GTC), Nagpur CPPP Tender ID: 2018_DARE_394341_1