X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) is a high tech, non-destructive technique for analyzing wide range of materials. XRD analysis is based on scattering of monochromatic X-Rays when impinged upon a crystalline sample. Scattered X-Rays produces diffraction pattern consisting of a series of peaks and troughs that carry information about internal structure of materials under study. XRD testing provides information on structures, phases, preferred crystal orientations (texture), and other structural parameters, such as average grain size, crystallinity, strain, and crystal defects. X-Ray powder diffraction pattern is the fingerprint of periodic atomic arrangements in a given material and thereby enables quick phase identification for a large variety of crystalline samples. XRD finds critical applications in diverse areas of science and technology including geology, environmental science, material science, engineering and biology. This training programme intends to create knowlege on the XRD technique
- To familiarise the trainees about principles of XRD analysis, XRD instrumentation and sample preparation
- To impart hands-on training on sample preparation, operation and analysis of samples on XRD
- Principles of X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) analysis of materials
- Different types XRD instrumentation and its applications
- Preparation of sample for XRD Analysis
- XRD analysis of polymer materials
- Application X-Ray Diffraction techniques in Nano-Materials Technology
- Hands-on training on XRD
Date & Venue
- December 27-29, 2018 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019
- The programme fee is Rs. 30,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses. There is 50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for supply of Bleached Banana Fibre Pulp Sheet
- NIT for Supply of Banana Fibre
- CORRIGENDUM - Providing Weather Shades to cover Terrace surfaces of two Staff Quarters buildings — (Ganga and Krishna) at ICAR- CIRCOT Staff quarters premises at Mahim,Mumbai.
- Quotation for Fabrication of conference table for Training hall at GTC, Nagpur.
- Quotation for Raw Materials required for development of Gin Trash Handling System at GTC, Nagpur.