The technique of Electrospinning has evinced more interest and attention in recent years due to its versatility and potential for applications in tissue engineering, biosensors, filtration, wound dressings, drug delivery, and enzyme immobilization. The nanoscale fibers are generated by the application of strong electric field on polymer solution or melt. Electrospinning produces nanofibers from conducting polymers. The submicron range spun fibers produced by this process offer various advantages like high surface area to volume ratio, tunable porosity and the ability to manipulate nanofiber composition in order to get desired properties and function. Electrospinning is one of the most preferred processes for production of nanofibers due to its varied advantages like cost effectiveness, zero effluent discharge, adaptability and scalability.
ICAR-CIRCOT is a pioneer institute in the field of nanotechnology with a decade of research experience in formulation of nano materials for variety of applications. The institute has established an electrospinning production facility and has well equipped laboratory for characterization of nano materials. Since there is a lot of scope for research in this area, the need was felt for sensitising the research community about the basics and advances in the field of electrospinning. Hence ICAR-CIRCOT is organising a three day training programme on “Electrospinning for Nanofibre Production and its Applications” primarily targeting the fundamentals of process, methods of electrospinning, optimisation and characterisation of electrospun materials. This programme will be useful to faculty members, students, research personnel from industry and academics.
- To acquaint participants about the basics of electrospinning
- To impart knowledge on preparation and characterization of electrospun nanofibres
- To demonstrate the various applications of electrospun nanofibres
- Basic principles of electrospinning
- Different configurations of electrospinning systems& Process optimization
- Nanofibre characterization techniques
- Applications of electrospraying on textiles
- Applications of electrospinning in filtration, Sensing and agriculture
Date & Venue
- October 29-31, 2018 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019
- For Industry Personnel : Rs. 10000 + GST (18%)
- For Academicians, Students and NARS Personnel: Rs. 5000 + GST (18%) The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging, conveyance and other personal expenses.
Latest from Akmu
- Tender No 2018_DARE_394514_1 : Repairs, painting works to oil mill section, Particle Board Plant, Store Shed, Vehicle shed, Trainee's hostel Cum Canteen area and Painting ,etc. at GTC, Nagpur
- CORRIGENDUM - Providing Premix Carpeting work to the existing Internal roads in the premises Ginning Training Centre (GTC), Amravati Road, P.O. Wadi, Nagpur- 440 023. (Tender ID:2018_DARE_394341_1)
- CORRIGNDUM to tender for providing Ladies rest room with attached bathroom facilities in room No.304, third floor of Dr. V. Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- ICAR-CIRCOT Celebrated “Vigilance Awareness Week”
- Tender ID No. : 2018-DARE-402474-1: Providing and Fabricating Office Furniture at ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai