Composites are hybrid materials made of a polymer resin reinforced by fibres, combining the high mechanical and physical performance of the fibres. Composites are one of the most widely used materials because of their adaptability to different situations and the relative ease of combination with other materials to serve specific purposes and exhibit desirable properties. Composite materials offer higher specific strength and stiffness than other conventional materials. The reinforcing phase, is in the form of synthetic or natural fibres, sheets, or particles, and is embedded in the other materials called the matrix phase. They have the potential for use in boats, automotive parts, chemical equipments, civil engineering application, aircrafts and agricultural machineries. The depletion of petroleum resources coupled with awareness of global environmental issues has generated the need for new green materials independent of petroleum based resources.
The development of completely biodegradable composite materials using bio-polymers has a great scope in future. Hence acquiring the basic knowledge is very essential to be effective in the industry and R&D sectors for making better products. ICAR-CIRCOT is actively carrying out research in the field of fibre reinforced composites for many years, with emphasis on lignocellulosic fibre based composite, nano based biocomposite, starch based green composite and nanocomposite for various applications such as cement concrete, paper, packaging materials etc,. Based on the expertise gained in the field of fibre reinforced composites, ICAR-CIRCOT has designed this training programme for the benefit of industry personnel,
researchers, academicians and students
- To impart knowledge on reinforcement used in manufacture of composites
- To equip participants with knowledge on resins and green composites
- To familiarise the trainees about principles of various composites manufacturing process
- Introduction to composite materials
- Synthetic reinforcement and matrix
- Natural reinforcement and matrix
- Composite production techniques
- Characterization of composites
- Green composites
- Hands-on training on composite preparation
Date & Venue
- February 04-06, 2019 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019
- For Industry Personnel : Rs. 10, 000 + GST (18%) Ÿ For Academicians, Students and NARS Personnel: Rs. 5, 000 + GST (18%)
- The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging, conveyance and other personal expenses
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for providing weather shades to cover front central terrace portiong of MPD Building at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- NIT for providing and Fixing CPVC pipe line over the east and west side external Chajjas of Dr. V. Sundaram Bldg. at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- Quotation for Fabrication of Cots at GTC, Nagpur.
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for providing weather shades to cover terrace surfaces of two staff quarters buildings (Ganga and Krishna) at ICAR-CIRCOT staff quarters premises at Mahim, Mumbai.(Tender ID : 2018_DARE_327080_1 )
- Notice No. 9(3)2016-Exam-I, dated 14th May 2018 received from ASRB, New Delhi regarding online registration of applicants who had actually appeared in the OMR based Technician (T-1) Examination-2016 held on 04/09/2016 & details of all applicants