India is the second largest producer of textiles and garments in the world with a market size of around US $137 billion. The Indian textiles and apparel industry is expected to grow to a size of US $ 223 billion by 2021. Knitwear is an important market segment of industry that has become popular among all men, women and kids. The Indian knitting industry is one of the most innovative global producers of knitwear products. Today, there has been a tremendous change in technology. A large number of sophisticated computerized knitting, embroidery machines, dyeing machines, state of the art sewing lines, CAD/CAM systems, large scale processing machines are used in Indian knitting industry. The production speeds have raised in recent years and the buyers are more and more conscious about the quality of garments manufactured in the mills. Hence it is necessary to know the various aspects related to knit fabric production, garment production and quality control of fabrics and garments. In view of this, ICAR-CIRCOT is conducting a training programme on “Knitting and Knit Garments” for the benefit of industry personnel, researchers, academician and students
- To impart knowledge on basics of knitting and apparel technology
- To equip the trainees with fabric analysis and quality control practices in knitting and apparel industries
- To acquaint the trainees about new advances in knitting and apparels.
- Introduction on knitting
- Types of knitting
- Knit design & structure
- Advances in knitting
- Processing of grey knitted fabrics & apparels
- Process of tie-dye fabric
- Quality control of knits
- Swing threads & accessaries
- Knit-Garment production
- Testing and quality control of knitted garments
- Garment costing
- Hands on training in fabric analysis
- Industry visits
Date & Venue
- June 11-13, 2018 at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019
- For Industry Personnel : Rs. 10, 000 + GST (18%)
- For Academicians, Students and NARS Personnel: Rs. 5, 000 + GST (18%)
The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging, conveyance and other personal expenses
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for supply of Bleached Banana Fibre Pulp Sheet
- NIT for Supply of Banana Fibre
- CORRIGENDUM - Providing Weather Shades to cover Terrace surfaces of two Staff Quarters buildings — (Ganga and Krishna) at ICAR- CIRCOT Staff quarters premises at Mahim,Mumbai.
- Quotation for Fabrication of conference table for Training hall at GTC, Nagpur.
- Quotation for Raw Materials required for development of Gin Trash Handling System at GTC, Nagpur.