In India, cotton quality evaluation is accomplished largely by hand and eye methods, during purchasing of seed cotton from farmers by traders and ginning factory owners, which are known to suffer from limitations of inconsistency, subjectivity and inaccuracy. After globalization of market economy, cotton community all over has become quality conscious. Hence, there is need for well-trained personnels in the world to evaluate cotton on objective basis. ICAR-CIRCOT, with its appropriate infrastructure for training, conducts specialised training course to impart adequate theoretical and practical knowledge in the evaluation of cotton. The course is useful for persons related to cotton trade and industry.
- Skill development on cotton grading, quality evaluation & marketing to cater the needs of Indian cotton sector
- Provide hands on experience on visual grading, and instrumentalmethods
- Know-how on effect of ginning & spinning on fibre and yarn quality and economics of cotton processing
- Global perspective of Cotton
- Importance of cotton & its scenario in India and economics of cotton processing
- Importance of quality evaluation and grading of cotton
- Cotton fibre quality evaluation:-Theoretical background, sampling, logic and methods
- Instrumental measurement of length, fineness, maturity, strength, trash content & fibre quality index
- HVI & AFIS testing of cotton
- Contamination of cotton
- Marketing and commercial aspect of cotton
- Fibre attributes and their effect on yarn quality
- Advance in ginning & its significance on cotton quality
- Good management practices for cotton harvesting & storage
- Spinning behavior of Indian Cotton
- Techno-entreprenurial activities related to cotton
- Visit to Cotton Association of India (CAI), Mumbai
Date & Venue
- May 21-25, 2018
- July 23-27, 2018
- August 06-10, 2018
- September 24-29, 2018
- October 22-26, 2018
- November 26-30, 2018
- January 21-25, 2019
- February 18-22, 2019
Conducted at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), Adenwala Road, Matunga (East), Near Five Gardens, Mumbai 400019.
The programme fee is Rs. 10,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal expenses. There is 50% concession for students, academicians and participants from NARS.
Latest from Akmu
- NIT for providing weather shades to cover front central terrace portiong of MPD Building at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- NIT for providing and Fixing CPVC pipe line over the east and west side external Chajjas of Dr. V. Sundaram Bldg. at ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai.
- Quotation for Fabrication of Cots at GTC, Nagpur.
- CORRIGENDUM to NIT for providing weather shades to cover terrace surfaces of two staff quarters buildings (Ganga and Krishna) at ICAR-CIRCOT staff quarters premises at Mahim, Mumbai.(Tender ID : 2018_DARE_327080_1 )
- Notice No. 9(3)2016-Exam-I, dated 14th May 2018 received from ASRB, New Delhi regarding online registration of applicants who had actually appeared in the OMR based Technician (T-1) Examination-2016 held on 04/09/2016 & details of all applicants