Quality assurance in textiles starts with testing and characterization of material in process as well as end products. Characterization of textile materials play an important role for maintaining competiveness of textile industry through improved quality of products and for developing novel products through research and development. Testing of textile materials like fibre, yarn and fabric is an important aspect of quality control of textile materials and products. Other tests and procedures are also essential for evaluation of structural and functional aspects of textile.
Training on 'Quality Evaluation & Spinning performance of Indian Cottons using Advanced Techniques' includes a series of lectures and demonstrations of testing procedures and instruments employed for characterizing textile materials for their physical, structural and functional properties. This training module is designed to provide comprehensive understanding of both basic and advanced knowledge in textile testing and characterization.
- To impart both theoretical and practical knowledge on textile testing and characterization using advanced instrumentation.
- Estimation of spinning performance from fibre and yarn quality data
- To equip the trainees with proficiency in all aspects advanced textile testing methods and their applications in quality evaluation
- Fibre quality evaluation using HVI and AFIS and interpretation of results
- Tensile testing of fibre yarn and fabrics using Instron UTM
- Evaluation of yarn evenness
- Evaluation of interfacial tensions of textile materials using goniometry
- Yarn hairiness and its measurement
- Electrical resistance of textile materials and its measurement
- High Volume Instrument
- Advanced Fibre Information System
- Instron Tensile Testing Machine
- Uster Evenness Tester
- Zweigle Yarn Hairiness Tester
- Sep 20 - Sep 22, 2017