The ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), one of the premier constituent institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was established in the year 1924. The Institute is conducting research and development on all aspects of post-harvest technology of cotton and value addition to cotton by-produce with following mandate:
• Basic and strategic research on processing cotton and its ago-residues, development of value added products and quality assessment
• Skill development and business incubation services and function as referral laboratory for cotton fibres.
The Institute has been conducting skill development programmes to propagate, encourage and guide entrepreneurs to successfully adopt and market commercially viable technologies and to equip people with best practices in cotton ginning, quality evaluation of cotton fibres and value addition to by-products.
The objective of this programme is to educate the participants about the statistical techniques and give them an exposure to basic and advanced methods/tools of statistical computing useful in the field of Research.
1. Introduction to software used in statistical analysis
2. Overview of SAS and R software
3. Descriptive and Inferential statistics
4. Correlation and Regression analysis
5. Design of experiment: Response Surface Methodology (Box Behnken & CCD)
6. Multivariate techniques: Principal Component Analysis (PCA), & Factor Analysis (FA), Cluster analysis & Discriminant analysis
7. Introduction to non-Linear models
8. Statistical analysis using excel, R software & SAS
• Statistical software's (Licensed Version):
• SAS(Statistical Analysis System)
• MATLAB (Matrix Laboratory)
• Computer lab facility
- Nov 07-10, 2017
Latest from Web Admin
- ICAR-CIRCOT, E-newsletter November 2017
- Quotation for Business Class Endpoint Security/Antivirus Software, 120 licenced users.
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.
- Providing weather shades to cover terrace surfaces of Guest house building at ICAR-CIRCOT premises at Matunga,Mumbai.