Venue: CIRCOT, Mumbai, Date:December 21-23, 2017, Duration:3 days
X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) is a high tech, non-destructive technique for analyzing a wide range of materials. XRD analysis is based on scattering of monochromatic X-Rays when impinged upon a crystalline sample. Scattered X-Rays produces diffraction pattern consisting of a series of peaks and troughs that carry information about internal structure of materials under study. XRD testing provides information on structures, phases, preferred crystal orientations (texture), and other structural parameters, such as average grain size, crystallinity, strain, and crystal defects. X-Ray powder diffraction pattern is the fingerprint of periodic atomic arrangements in a given material and thereby enables quick phase identification for a large variety of crystalline samples. XRD finds critical applications in diverse areas of science and technology including geology, environmental science, material science, engineering and biology.
Objectives training program are (1) To familiarise the trainees about principles of XRD analysis, XRD instrumentation and sample preparation and (2) To impart hands on training on sample preparation, operation and analysis of samples on XRD
- Principles of X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) analysis of materials
- Different types XRD instrumentation and its applications
- Preparation of sample for XRD Analysis
- XRD analysis of polymer materials
- Application X-Ray Diffraction techniques in Nano-Materials Technology
- Hand-on training on XRD
- PANalytical X'Pert Pro MPD X-Ray Diffractometer
- Sample preparation aids
Latest from Web Admin
- Review Meeting of CRP on Natural fibres
- Tender for providing and fixing flooring to the Director Cabin Room No.211 Second Floor.
- Tender for Xenon ARC Lamp for Weatherometer Date Extended upto 16/12/2017
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.