Polarised Light Microscope is useful for analyzing samples with optical anisotropy and finds its use in diverse fields of Material Science Including Fibre science and nanotechnology. ICAR-CIRCOT uses Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for research activities related to Fine structure and morphology of fibrous materials including natural fibres and fibre composites. SEM is very useful in the physical characterization of nanomaterials and composites. Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), also called as Scanning Force Microscope uses the force of interaction between probe and sample for imaging with a resolution of atomic scale. Mechanical properties like elastic modulus, stiffness and force of adhesion could also be analyzed using AFM. ICAR-CIRCOT uses AFM for analysis of various types of nanomaterials & nanocomposites. The fluorescence microscope at ICAR-CIRCOT is being used to observe fluorescent days in textiles, fluorescent labeled biological systems and other fluorescent materials. Advanced Knowledge on microscopy is very useful for researchers and students. This training module on ‘Advances is Microscopy’ is designed to import advanced knowledge in all aspects of the microscopy.
- To acquaint participant with recent advances in the field of light microscopy, electron microscopy and atomic force microscope
- To impart a hands-on training on sample preparation techniques used in LM, SEM and AFM and operation of different types of microscope
- To demonstrate the application of Light Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy and Atomic Force Microscopy in Textiles, Nano materials, Composites, Chemical and Polymer industry, Biological sciences etc.
- Light Microscopy: Introduction to light microscopy, Polarized light microscopy and its application, Fluorescent light microscopy and its application, Application of light microscopy in textiles,
- Scanning Electron microscopy: Principle and operation, Methods of scanning, Applications of SEM in different fields,
- Atomic Force Microscopy: Basics of AFM, Sample preparation for AFM, Different Imaging modes, Mechanical properties by AFM
- Polarized light microscope
- Fluorescent light microscope
- Scanning electron microscope Atomic force microscope
- Jan 17 - Jan 19, 2018
Latest from Web Admin
- Review Meeting of CRP on Natural fibres
- Tender for providing and fixing flooring to the Director Cabin Room No.211 Second Floor.
- Tender for Xenon ARC Lamp for Weatherometer Date Extended upto 16/12/2017
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.