Nanotechnology deals with the manipulation of atoms, molecules, or molecular clusters into functional structures to create functional materials and devices of vastly different properties. The first use of the concept of 'nanotechnology' was in "There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom", a talk given by physicist Richard Feynman. Now nanotechnology does not remain as a theoretical science rather it is being applied in all fields and gained the status of applied science and it is a multidisciplinary subject. Agriculture and Food Production are no exception to it. This has realized the potential of nanotechnology in each stage starting from crop production to consumption. In India, Department of Science and Technology (DST) has initiated the Nano-Mission to foster the research activities in this field followed by various organizations. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in collaboration with state agricultural universities has initiated Consortium Research Project (CRP) on Nanotechnology to boost the research in the field of nanotechnology. ICAR-CIRCOT, a leader in the field of nanotechnology, has a decade of experience and expertise in nanofinishing of textiles and nanocomposites. In 2015, India’s First Nanocellulose Pilot Plant was commissioned and dedicated to the nation. With this background, advaced trainings are being arranged to share the knowledge with various stakeholders. This training module on 'Advances in applications of Nanotechnology' is designed to impart basic and advanced knowledge of nanotechnology and its applications.
- To acquaint participants with the Recent Advances in Nanotechnology To apprise the trainees about the market potential of absorbent cotton
- To impart hands-on training on synthesis & characterization of nanomaterials
- To demonstrate the application of nanomaterials in textiles, composites filtration, sensors and agriculture & allied sectors
- Basics & Advances in Nanotechnology
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials (Methods: Physical, Chemical, Mechanical & Biological)
- Characterization of Nanomaterials
- Application of Nanomaterials in Agro- & Geo-Textiles
- Application of Nanomaterials in Composites
- Application of Nanomaterials in Agriculture
- Life cycle analysis of nanomaterials
- Business Incubation opportunities in Nanotechnology
- High pressure homogenizer, Ball Mill
- Nanoparticle size analyzer (DLS)
- Atomic force microscope, Electrospinning
- X-Ray diffraction (XRD), BET analyzer
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- Fast protein liquid chromatograph
- Textile finishing & Characterization
- Composite making & Characterization
- Five days, 11 – 15 Sep. 2017
Latest from Web Admin
- Review Meeting of CRP on Natural fibres
- Tender for providing and fixing flooring to the Director Cabin Room No.211 Second Floor.
- Tender for Xenon ARC Lamp for Weatherometer Date Extended upto 16/12/2017
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.