About the training programme
Composites are hybrid materials made of a polymer resin reinforced by fibres, combining the high mechanical and physical performance of the fibres. Composites are one of the most widely used materials because of their adaptability to different situations and the relative ease of combination with other materials to serve specific purposes and exhibit desirable properties. Composite materials offer higher specific strength and stiffness than other conventional materials. The reinforcing phase, is in the form of synthetic or natural fibres, sheets, or particles, and is embedded in the other materials called the matrix phase. They have the potential for use in boats, automotive parts, chemical equipments, civil engineering application, aircrafts and agricultural machineries. The depletion of petroleum resources coupled with awareness of global environmental issues has generated the need for new green materials independent of petroleum based resources.
The development of completely biodegradable composite materials using bio-polymers has a great scope in future. Hence acquiring the basic knowledge is very essential to be effective in the industry and R&D sectors for making better products. ICAR-CIRCOT is actively carrying out research in the field of fibre reinforced composites for many years, with emphasis on lignocellulosic fibre based composite, nano based biocomposite, starch based green composite and nanocomposite for various applications such as cement concrete, paper, packaging materials etc,. Based on the expertise gained in the field of fibre reinforced composites, ICAR-CIRCOT has designing this training programme for the benefit of industry personnel, researchers, academicians and students.
- To impart knowledge on reinforcement used in manufacture of composites
- To equip participants with knowledge on resins and green composites.
- To familiarize the trainees about principles of various composites manufacturing process.
- Introduction to composite materials
- Synthetic reinforcement and matrix
- Natural reinforcement and matrix
- Composite production techniques
- Characterization of composites
- Green composites
- Hands on training on composite preparation
- Facilities Available
- Compression moulding machine
- Hand lay-up techniques
- Vaccum infusion moulding
- Vaccum bag moulding
- Universal testing machine
- Conical refiner for natural fibre fibrillation
- Feb 07 -09, 2018
Latest from Web Admin
- ICAR-CIRCOT, E-newsletter November 2017
- Quotation for Business Class Endpoint Security/Antivirus Software, 120 licenced users.
- Replacement of old steel windows with Aluminium sliding windows in halls of Administration-II,III & IV sections, on first floor of Dr.Sundaram Building at ICAR-CIRCOT at, Mumbai.
- Providing external repairs & painting to four buildings (Type-II staff quarters buildings) at ICAR-CIRCOT at Mahim, Mumbai.
- Providing weather shades to cover terrace surfaces of Guest house building at ICAR-CIRCOT premises at Matunga,Mumbai.