|Full Name of the
|Scanning Electron Microscope|
|Make||Philips Electron Optics B.V. Eindhovan, The Netherlands Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)|
|Model||XL 30 series Scanning Electron Microscope, Serial Number D 1217|
|Specification||The XL30 is the conventional Scanning Electron Microscope of the XL Series from Philips and is suitable for a wide variety of applications. The XL30 is a conventional SEM with optimum performance for both imaging and microanalysis of conductive and/or coated specimens. This makes the system ideal for dedicated research in metallography as well as for routine operations such as control monitoring of a manufacturing process, with versatile yet easy to operate software control, the instrument is an excellent tool for both the experienced and first-time user
Resolution: 3.5 nm at 30 kV, 25 nm at 1 kV
Magnification: 20 X to 1000000 X
2. Metals, Glass, Ceramics and Polymers
5. Fibers (Textile, Glass, Asbestos, Natural) Surface morphology & Cross section
6. Powder & dust
7. Pharmaceutical powder, pellets (Surface & cross section), Capsules
8. Biological science,
9. Food industry, Chemical industry etc.
|User Instruction||1. Sample should be dry and free from moisture
2. If it is wet sample then fixation and dehydration of sample should be done by using Osmium tetroxide and glutaraldehyde.