About ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre:
ICAR-CIRCOT Agri Business Incubation (ABI) Centre was sanctioned by ICAR under XIIth Plan Scheme of National Agricultural Innovation Fund (NAIF) Component II (Incubation Fund) in 1st January 2016. This centre envisages facilitating incubation of new startups/entrepreneurs & enterprises for innovative technologies by providing need based physical, technical, business and networking support, facilities and services to test and validate their venture before successful establishment of enterprises. Presently the ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI centre is promoting entrepreneurs in fields of antimicrobial textile finishing, degossypolised cottonseed meal for poultry feed, cotton rubber composite batons for police force, various application of nanocellulose in paper and composites.
The ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre is currently working towards achieving the following objectives:
- Incubation and business development in cotton and its by-products
- Techno-entrepreneurial activities in cotton value chain for building prospective clientele
- Skill development in selected stakeholders related to cotton sector.
ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Advisory Committee:
|Dr. Sujata Saxena||Director, ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai||Chairman|
|Dr. R. P. Kachru||Former ADG (PE), ICAR, New Delhi||Member|
|Dr. A. J. Shaikh||Former Director, ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai||Member|
|Prof. Narendra Shah||CTARA, IIT, Mumbai||Member|
|Dr. M. K. Sharma||Whole Time Director & CEO, Bajaj Steel Industries Limited, Nagpur||Member|
|Er. A. K. Bharimalla||Senior Scientist, Principal Investigator: ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre, Mumbai||Member- Secretary|
Management team of ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre:
|Project Leader||Dr. Sujata Saxena, Director, ICAR-CIRCOT|
|PI||Er. Ashok Kumar Bharimalla, Senior Scientist & Head I/c., TTD|
|Co-PIs||Er. V. G. Arude, Scientist & Head I/c., M.P.D.|
Dr. S. K. Shukla, I/c, GTC, Nagpur
Dr. N. Vigneshwaran, Senior Scientist, C.B.P.D.
Dr. C. Sundaramoorthy, Senior Scientist, T.T.D.
Dr. P. K. Mandhyan, Senior Scientist, Q.E.I.D.
Dr. V. Mageshwaran, Scientist, T.T.D.
Dr. S. Venkatakrishnan, C.T.O., I/c Coimbatore Regional, Q.E.U.
Dr. Hamid Hasan. A.C.T.O., I/c Sirsa Regional, Q.E.U.
Mr. Bharat Pawar, A.C.T.O., Q.E.I.D.
Technologies available at ICAR-CIRCOT for start-ups, entrepreneurs and innovators:
- Ecofriendly preparation of absorbent cotton for medical & hygiene products
- UV protection
- Water repellencyNanofinishing Technologies for Cotton Textiles
- Cotton rich blends for functional textile applications
- Innovative Finishing processes for garments & home textiles: Mosquito repellent, pesticide protection cloths & denim
- Software module for non-metameric color matching in textiles
- CIRCOT Calibration Cotton for global outreach
- Sustainable business model for cotton at village level:
- Quality based trading
- Supply chain logistics (custom hiring) for chipped cotton stalk supply
- Value addition to cotton biomass
- CIRCOT mini card for sliver preparation
- Microbial Degossypolisation of cottonseed meal for poultry, fish & piggery sectors
- Enhancing farmers and other stakeholders income by Cotton value chain through startup & entrepreneurship development
- Cotton Trading based on Quality Parameters for better price & remuneration to Farmers
Incubation Process at ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre
ICAR-CIRCOT-ABI Centre is the first of its kind agri-business incubator in the Mumbai region emphasizing on incubation for cotton-based technologies.