The ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT), one of the premier constituent institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was established in the year 1924. The Institute is conducting research and development on all aspects of post harvest processing of cotton and value addition to cotton by-produce.
Nanotechnology deals with the manipulation of atoms, molecules, or molecular clusters to create functional materials and devices with enhanced & desirable properties. The first use of the concept of ‘nanotechnology’ was in “There’s Plenty of Room at the Bottom”, a talk given by physicist Richard Feynman in 1959. ICAR-CIRCOT has done pioneering work in the field of nanotechnology and has developed more than fifteen years of experience and expertise in synthesis & characterization of nanomaterials and its application in textile finishing, fertilizers, development of nanocomposites and pulp & paper. In 2015, ICAR-CIRCOT has established India’s First Nanocellulose Pilot Plant. With this background, advanced trainings are being arranged to share the knowledge with diverse stakeholders. This training module is 15th in the series and first in the virtual mode, designed to impart basic and advanced knowledge of nanotechnology and its applications.
- To acquaint participants with the recent advances in nanotechnology
- To demonstrate the synthesis & characterization of nanomaterials
- To demonstrate the application of nanomaterials in textiles, composites, pulp & paper, filtration, sensors and agriculture & allied sectors
- Basics & Advances in Nanotechnology
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials (Methods: Physical, Chemical, Mechanical & Biological)
- Characterization of Nanomaterials
- Application of Nanomaterials in Textiles, Composites,Filtration, Paper and Agriculture
- Life cycle analysis of nanomaterials & Nanotoxicology
- Business Incubation opportunities in Nanotechnology
The training fee is Rs. 5,000 + 18% GST per person. There is 50% fee concession for students, academicians and participants from R&D Organizations. No fee applicable for participants from ICAR institutes. Limited seats are available for this training programme.
ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR-CIRCOT) D.A.R.E., Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India Adenwala Road, Matunga, Mumbai 400019 (MS) INDIA
Interested participants may submit their application in the prescribed format in google forms https://tinyurl.com/circotnano. Last date for Registration is November 18, 2020. After confirmation from the organizer, the fee has to be paid to the below mentioned account by NEFT transfer.
- Account Name : Director, ICAR-CIRCOT
- Bank Name : State Bank of India, Commercial Branch Dadar East, Mumbai 400014
- Account No : 10001710244
- IFSC Code : SBIN0004114
Address for correspondence
Dr Ashok Kumar Bharimalla, Sr. Scientist, I/c Head TTD
ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology Adenwala Road, Matunga (E), Mumbai-400 019
Mobile No. : 09702878249
Tele. : 022-24143718 (D) 022-24127273/76 Ext- 467
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.circot.res.in
Pl4ease CLICK HERE to download the brochure