- Solution for eco-friendly, efficient and rapid burning cremation using briquettes made from cotton stalks and other agro-biomasses.
- Comprises of a trapezoidal shaped cremation chamber having provision to supply forced air draft through 6 perforated pipes
- Air supply through 1000 CFM fan
- Power source: single phase 1 HP fan
- Cremation using 200 kg briquettes in 3-4 h duration
- Economical: 55% saving in expenditure for cremation from Rs. 5500 to Rs. 2500
- Saving of Fuel and Camphor: Requires 2 kg camphor against 5 kg camphor and 10 litres in conventional crematoriums
- Eco-friendly: Saving of about 50-60 lakh trees; Very less pollution (CO2, Nox, SO2 smoke, etc.), Renewable biomass utilisation, avoiding burning of biomass in the fields.
- Time Saving: Requires 3 and ½ hours against 6-7 hours of wood cremation
- Suitability for performing all Traditional Social Customs
- Generation of Rural Employment & Increasing Farm Income through utilisation of biomasses for briquetting
- Operational Easiness: Very simple to operate (As good as conventional wood based crematoriums)
- Alternate to wood and complicated and costly crematoriums such as diesel, electric and solar
- Patent has been filed and the technology is licensed to M/s. Vidarbha Sales, Nagpur since 2018
- Operational at Ambazari Ghat, NMC, Nagpur for last over 20 months
- NMC, Nagpur certified that the technology is saving over 50% expenses in cremation
- Two pieces are sold to Municipal Corporation, Chandrapur (MS)
- Many corporations have shown interest to buy these crematoriums.
- Over 200 cremations have been successfully carried out at Ambazari Ghat, NMC, Nagpur
ICAR-CIRCOT, Matunga, Mumbai 400019.
Web: www.circot.res.in; Email: email@example.com