ICAR-CIRCOT, Mumbai has established a “National Laboratory for Advanced Material Characterization (NLAMC) ”with the financial support from ICAR-National Agricultural Innovation Fund (NAIF), ICAR-Scheduled Caste Sub Plan (SCSP) and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana –Renumerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied Sectors Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) Scheme, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) New Delhi. This specific laboratory is proud enhancement to the facilities offered by ICAR-CIRCOT. To support research, testing and incubation needs of start-ups, students, researchers, entrepreneurs and industries, the laboratory is adequately equipped with sophisticated instruments.
- X-ray Diffractometer: It is widely used for the identification of unknown crystalline materials.
- X-ray fluorescence spectrometer: It is applied for relatively non-destructive elemental and chemical analysis of different materials.
- Weather-O-meter: It brings together all weather parameters and checks its impact on textiles and polymers for light fastness & durability properties.
- Automatic single yarn tensile strength tester: It tests tensile strength & elongation, compression strength, and tearing strength of fabrics.
- Particle size analyser: It determines the size of submicron and nano particles such as nano-cellulose, nano-silver, nano-zinc oxide, nano-sulphur, etc.
- Goniometer: It analyses the wetting properties of a surface and records the interfacial tension, contact angle, surface energy of different materials.
- Polarized light microscope: It can be utilized for both quantitative and qualitative studies of wide range of anisotropic specimens like natural and textile fibres and polymers.
- Raman spectrophotometer: It is used in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of substances in trace amounts on different matrices such as cloth, security paper, fiber etc., without extensive sample preparation in a non-destructive manner. With an ardent commitment to evolve with the times, the “National Laboratory for Advanced Material Characterization” is ready to meet all intricate research demands with clockwork precision and seamless quality.