Research priority setting, monitoring and evaluation (PME) is an effective tool to assist research managers for priority focused research resource allocations, relevance, monitoring and evaluation of research projects and accountability in the system. PME cell monitors and evaluates the research progress and coordinates research and technical activities. In addition, PME cell also facilitates and monitors the research publications, research project files, technical correspondence, and compilation of technical reports. This is a mandatory committee as per ICAR and the committee has the following Terms of Reference (TOR):
Functions of PME Cell
- To coordinate and synthesize the recommendations of QRT, RAG, IRC, Vision documents of institute and IGAR to recommend research priorities of the institution for shortlisting priority researchable problems across crop(s)/divisions/programmes, commodity/livestock etc. at institution level. (Priority setting)
- Annual updating and presenting the report to the Director of the institution for assigning research projects.
- To coordinate and arrange for annual monitoring of each on-going project and evaluation of completed projects through internal and external experts.
- To coordinate and ar~ange f~f. technoloqy validation and/or impact assessment of successful technology claimed by scientistts) through internal and external experts.
- Regularly sensitizing and capacity building of research managers and scientists through training, programmes.
- Maintaining a’ database on all publications, technologies developed, IPRs, consultancies, projects undertaken in the past 10 years and on-going projects.
Constitution of PME Cell
- One Principal Scientist as In-charge
- One to three Technical Officers (depending on institute size)
- Required secretarial assistance
Priority-Setting, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Cell staff
|Dr. V.G. A. S. M. Raja, Principal Scientist, In-charge, PME Cell|
|Dr. N. Vigneswaran, Principal Scientist, Nodal Officer, PME Cell|
|Shri K. Narayanan, Senior Technical Officer|
|Smt. H. R. Pednekar, Senior Technical Assistant|
|Shri Anand R Jadhav, Senior Technical Assistant|